Sunday, November 30, 2008


Well, Halloween #2 has come and gone. Those pumpkin kits that Margie sent are being well used! This was the cutting crew that got together the night before the party to get all of the decorations up and the pumpkins carved. We had a blast and it just reminded me again of what wonderful students I have. They are the greatest!!!!!
We have just finished the second of two Thanksgiving celebrations. First was down in Cahul at Naima's (Dean, you will be proud. We had CORNBREAD dressing! It was damn declicious.) Last night I headed up North to Orhei and had a great dinner at Brian and Annie's place. The food was delicious, the company fabulous, and we even played Apples to Apples after dinner. It was a little slice of home and a whole lot of fun.

So, December is almost here, the weather is cold, and I am coming home in 4 weeks!!!! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to be back in the Rock from the 28th of December thru the 10th of January. I am going to hunker down with Dean and Jeremy for the first few days, but after New Year's I want to get out and about and see everyone. Also, I am going to do a big open house on the 4th of January and everyone is invited!!!! We will kick things off at around 2 pm and I am sure things will last well into the night. I am going to cook my little heart out (I have really been missing my kitchen and all of those fabulous ingredients that I can't get anywhere here! Come hungry!) I can't wait to see everyone and catch up on life and everything that has been going on this last year and a half. I am going to steal Dean's cell phone while I am at home, so call me on his line. Stay warm and see you soon!


7 comments:

Dave said...

Hey, sorry we'll miss you. We're leaving LR prolly on the 30th to come back home to KC. It's good to hear from you. Did Dave Walters ever write?

dullest_star said...

Count me in for the fun!! I promise you won't be able to get rid of me :) I'm so glad you'll be home for a while!

-Jenny

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere, Jennifer! I've missed you! AAC show & sale was a week ago, sales reflected the economy. Angela broke her arm working on the kiln last month; had to have surgery & missed the sale, but her daughter manned her table. Looks like our Ireland trip is impossible, so we'll see you at the party! There have been snow flurries off and on all day here, hope it's warmer where you are. Bring your woolies home! Did you have a turkey "on the hoof" again this year? We still laugh thinking about your adventure last Thanksgiving. See you soon...

Jennifer said...

Hi Dave! I haven't heard anything from Dave Walters, so next time you talk to him tell him I think he is a punk!!!!!!
Jenny, get ready to bear it at the airport. I mean it!!!!
Martha, I know it is horribly selfish of me, but I am thrilled you are going to be around for the holidays. I did not have to chase down and kill my turkey this year. I left the turkey procurement up to the people who were hosting the parties this year and just made delightful, non-living food for the holidays.
Can't wait to see all of you!fraujen16

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:
Looking forward to seeing you!!! I'm glad you are staying until January 10. I can't beleive it has already been 1 &1/2 years! The Holiday lights are going up in the neighborhoods and everything is looking festive.
Maria

Jennifer said...

Maria, I hope you will be able to come by for our open house. I really want to see you while I am in town!

Anonymous said...

Jen, hope you surface soon, because I'm worried about you and the cold in Moldova with no gas from Russia. Cold in Arkansas, too,
19F as I write, but we have firewood! Will probably call Dean or Jeremy in the next day or two to see about new of you, my intrepid friend and hero!