Thursday, November 1, 2007









It is without a doubt starting to get more comfortable and like normal for me here. These lunatic women are my site mates Liza (standing) and Michelle (seated). This was at one of our dinners (this time at Liza's house!) when we girls get together, cook, talk, drink wine, and just basically let off steam. I couldn't ask for better sitemates!!!!!







Michelle, however, has a few issues that need to be addressed. She is addicted to "Shout" and cannot seem to stop rubbing it everywhere (and on everything). She spilled a bit of red wine and we lost her to the "Shout" for the next few hours....





...and she is still "Shout"ing while pretending to listen to me!





First of all, a big shout out to Margie for her pumpkin carving kits and decorations. Our American-style Halloween party was a smashing success. I can't tell you how much fum we had, but I think it is pretty evident by the pictures that we all had a good time.



Above and below are the first two brave women who decided to try this crazy thing called pumpkin carving.... Marina is above and Liza is below.....







and more scenes from the Halloween party.....



These two brave, handsome gentlemen are the only two young men that I teach. They are great, although Alex needs to come to class a bit more than he does....


It ain't Halloween if we don't bob for apples. These kids are crafty, however! They soon realized that it was easier to go for the stem instead of wrestling the apple to the bottom and biting it. I had to call a time out and remove all of the stems to make sure we were getting maximum face dunkage!

This coven of witches is none other than my favorite group of girls from the 0502 third year English/French group. They were totally into the "spirit" of the party!

I have to give a HUGE thanks to Sergiu. Sergiu is not in my class (yet!) but he did spend last year in the US and speaks absolutely unaccented English. I also must say that I would not have gotten this party off the ground without all of his help and his resources. He is a great guy and I am thrilled to have gotten to know him. Thanks Sergiu!!!!!!

That's all for now. I have partied a lot over the last few weeks, but it is heading toward the last half of the semester, so I am going to have to really buckle down and finish off semester 1 with a bang. Love to all my friends in America and thanks for taking the time to keep up with me in Moldova!!!! Love you...

Jennifer

10 comments:

Suni said...

can i have that scarf when you come home!!!

DENO said...

Hey, I have a blogger display name finally........... COOL! I've tried to sign up with google several times and kept getting booted out... oh well. GREAT PICTURES!!!!! Somehow I just knew Jennifer would be in the middle of the party before this thing went too far down the road! Glad the halloween thing went well - looks like a hoot. I wish there was a way for me to put pictures on this thing too - If anyone knows how that works, please post some instructions. Everything good here, I am past my 3rd quarter filing date, so finally have a weekend off - Jeremy is in Colorado representing UCA at a Honors Collage convention so I'm just kicking back with the couch and the big screen. Hope everyone is well.
Later

Anonymous said...

terrific jack o' lanterns! very cross-cultural, jennifer, an irish holy day, which became an american party day, being celebrated in moldova. you rock! all well here; we had the student/faculty show meeting on the 1st and the show will be the 17th. i can't believe it was only a year ago that you came by my table and told me you were joining the peace corps! i really miss you in class. we will be ordering pizza for last class lunch this time, rakuing our brains out, and missing your cooking! kevin and i recently found a lovely australian cabernet for 8 bucks a bottle and thought of you. are you still going to visit home in the spring? keep us posted, ok? love you-m.

Suni said...

Jeremy is WHERE!!!

Holy Christ will that kid ever be anything less than phenomenal! (not that i am biased or anything)
yes i already know the answer to that

deno, still working on my livejournal. Thanks for checking

love to all Suni

Jennifer said...

Suni,
Yes, you can have the damn scarf now if you want it! All you have to do is come and get it....
Dean, I have no idea how you can post pictures on this blog. You and Jeremy are my tech guys. (And sorely missed in that capacity I might add!)
Martha, you and Kevin really would like the wine here. The average bottle costs right around $2. The super expensive fancy stuff is still less than $10. I am trying to figure a way to send home some of the wine that I made. It is damn good if I do say so myself! Miss all of you guys and will let you know when I can get home!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Well, I wouldn't mind if you brought some of that wine to Germany my dearest friend! And deno - while you're enjoying the good sides of life in warm Arkansas - everything here has been covered with snow for about 10 days - you might watnt to mail the third season of Grey's Anatomy - it would help to shorten those long winter nights ...
Love and miss you all, Andi

Suni said...

Andi,

10 days worth of snow!!!

wow! I cannot believe it..it never snows here thank god!

Hey Jenn, have you had a chance to wear the winter gear we got at REI last May

Anonymous said...

jen, in case my email went astray,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! love you lots-martha

Anonymous said...

well Suni, we have quite a bit of snow you poor coast dweller. btw, I heard that the sea levels will rise even faster than predictd - have you already thought about moving to a higher altitude...
Jen, what is going on in Moldova? Is it winter yet? or still nice and sunny as you said in the summer and fall? do we need to send warm clothes?? :)

Jennifer said...

For the record, it is damn cold here! I am, indeed, using all of the cold weather gear I bought at REI and then some. It is going to be a long, cold winter for this Arkansas girl!
Andi, I have your order in for wine. They really have some great ones here. Do you want cool aid sweet or glow in the dark chernobyl blend? Don't forget to pick me up at the airport!
Jennifer